Options for mounting a IPC-Color4K-T180

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I currently have a IPC-Color4K-X mounted on a pole with a PFA130-E junction box and PFA152-E pole mount. I am considering swapping out the camera for a IPC-Color4K-T180. My question is: will the Color4K-T180 attach to the PFA130-E box I have mounted? I do have a PFA121 box that I could replace the PFA130-E junction box with (and even a PFB203W wall mount)—so I know that would work, but that is just an additional step, if not needed. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The Color4K-T180 is actually a IPC-PDW5849-A180-E2-ASTE and if you look under 'Accessories' you won't find the PFA130-E over there, but instead they say you need a PFA137, which has the same diameter but less space for the pigtail.

But if you look at the datasheet of both the cam and PFA130-E junction box, you'll find that they have holes in the same place so it would most probably work.

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The Color4K-T180 is actually a IPC-PDW5849-A180-E2-ASTE and if you look under 'Accessories' you won't find the PFA130-E over there, but instead they say you need a PFA137, which has the same diameter but less space for the pigtail.

But if you look at the datasheet of both the cam and PFA130-E junction box, you'll find that they have holes in the same place so it would most probably work.
Thank you for your kind reply. Yes, when I saw that the PFA137 was the recommended box for the camera, it seemed that the only difference between the 137 and 130 was the depth, since they both have the same screw hole pattern.

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello, good morning.

I'm writing here so as not to open a specific thread, because I don't think it will be necessary.

I have just received the IPC-PDW5849-A180-E2-ASTE camera from Andy (the shipment has been very fast to Spain), and I would like to know which firmware to use to update this camera, because from Dahua's website I see that there are two different firmware.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, good morning.

I'm writing here so as not to open a specific thread, because I don't think it will be necessary.

I have just received the IPC-PDW5849-A180-E2-ASTE camera from Andy (the shipment has been very fast to Spain), and I would like to know which firmware to use to update this camera, because from Dahua's website I see that there are two different firmware.
It is best to use the firmware that Andy puts on the first page here. In many instances his firmware is better than what Dahua will make available to its clients. Dahua will listen to our issues and make modifications for Andy, but end up not rolling it out to all their clients LOL

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It is best to use the firmware that Andy puts on the first page here. In many instances his firmware is better than what Dahua will make available to its clients. Dahua will listen to our issues and make modifications for Andy, but end up not rolling it out to all their clients LOL

But is this firmware package suitable for all cameras in general?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But is this firmware package suitable for all cameras in general?
That link has the list of cameras he sells along with the corresponding firmware. You have to use the firmware designed for the camera you have or you will brick it.

The two firmware you saw on Dahua site - the general will say IP camera and the DH will show Dahua logo.

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That link has the list of cameras he sells along with the corresponding firmware. You have to use the firmware designed for the camera you have or you will brick it.

The two firmware you saw on Dahua site - the general will say IP camera and the DH will show Dahua logo.
So the only difference between the two firmwares on the official website is that in one you have the logo when you start the website, and with the other you don't?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So the only difference between the two firmwares on the official website is that in one you have the logo when you start the website, and with the other you don't?
This camera is new enough that I would assume that would be the only differences. But as the cameras get older, they can have different features.

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This camera is new enough that I would assume that would be the only differences. But as the cameras get older, they can have different features.
In this case Andy has not published the firmware for the camera I have posted, so I will download the DH from the official website.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh right, I was looking for it by the name of the specific model. :lmao:

So nothing, everything is fine. Thank you very much!
yep and then you get to the point that if the camera is working for you, rarely does a firmware update do you any good and can many times result in issues. We got posts here every week (two just today so far) where someone tried to update and either bricked the unit or it lost functionality.

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yep and then you get to the point that if the camera is working for you, rarely does a firmware update do you any good and can many times result in issues. We got posts here every week (two just today so far) where someone tried to update and either bricked the unit or it lost functionality.
Yes, I've read the review of the PDF notes on the official website, and the new features it brings I don't think they don't carry any functionality that would benefit me, and they don't carry any security bugs either, although my cameras are all inside the local network and don't have access to the outside.

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@wittaj Is it normal that in the transition from one image to the other there is this step difference? Some time ago I bought the latest Reolink 180° model, and it also had this step and I was not convinced and I returned it, now I see that Dahua also has this step.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@wittaj Is it normal that in the transition from one image to the other there is this step difference? Some time ago I bought the latest Reolink 180° model, and it also had this step and I was not convinced and I returned it, now I see that Dahua also has this step.
Yeah every 180 camera using two lens will have that splice or step where it connects the two images together.

You can adjust it somewhat in the Dahua, but some field of views will be worse than others in showing that splice point.

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah every 180 camera using two lens will have that splice or step where it connects the two images together.

You can adjust it somewhat in the Dahua, but some field of views will be worse than others in showing that splice point.
I understand that as the camera is displaying straight lines, the difference will be much more noticeable. Once you are in an open place and with much more distance, the transition from one image to the other will be less noticeable.

Where can these parameters be configured? I've been looking, but I can't find anything related.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I understand that as the camera is displaying straight lines, the difference will be much more noticeable. Once you are in an open place and with much more distance, the transition from one image to the other will be less noticeable.

Where can these parameters be configured? I've been looking, but I can't find anything related.
Click Splicing to set option. It will still be there just closer or farther distance.

Splicing option.jpg