options for small PTZ for front door

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I've been eyeing smaller PTZ's. I have a IPC-T5442 for the back of the house which I really like. Good picture quality in the dark. But it's aesthetically too big to mount near the front door. To add to that, I kind of want PTZ, well pan and tilt, not really need zoom.

I've been looking at this: SD1A404XB-GNR
1587415922640.png

4MP with face detection and other AI features.

It's still kinda big? Are there other options? I know I'm asking a lot when I want small and motorized pan/tilt.

thendawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Funny, I just asked Andy about that camera, be interesting if anyone had feedback on it, it is kinda large, but still MUCH smaller footprint than a full size PTZ. IVe been very impressed with my SD22204UE-GN if you dont need IR. Im mostly curious if this is the 4MP Starvis sensor? (IMX335 or similar) If so, its by far the best value for that sensor ina ptz package.

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Funny, I just asked Andy about that camera, be interesting if anyone had feedback on it, it is kinda large, but still MUCH smaller footprint than a full size PTZ. IVe been very impressed with my SD22204UE-GN if you dont need IR. Im mostly curious if this is the 4MP Starvis sensor? (IMX335 or similar) If so, its by far the best value for that sensor ina ptz package.
Good point, I'd be interested on the sensor type too. When I think about how to mount these, I'm kinda stuck with using the round junction mount (PFA130E), which makes the thing pretty big. I wish there was a way to just mount this onto the siding, but I don't want to drill such a big hole.