ordering camera and nvr+ is this a good location?

Dxue

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

after lurking around for a while, it is now finally time to renew my old cctv system and replace them with new 1080p ip cams.

I was thinking about 1x NVR5216-4ks2, 2x IPC-HDBW4231F-AS, 1x IPC-HFW8232E-Z, 1x IPC-HDW5231R-Z. These are to monitor a restaurant.

See attached picture for where I want to set them up. The ultra starlight will be located outside to look at the parking and only outside wall to make sure that I have the best picture possible at night.
The restaurant is located in a mall and only has that side that is visible from the street.

I want to set the varifocale up to zoom in after closing time at the main entrance and a complete view during the day. As for the other 2 camera's, they are to make sure that everything is visible.

The placing of the camera's are not set and the whole place is empty now and everything is being rebuild.

Any recommendations to make it better? My budget is actually around 1000 euro max for everything, which will be quite tight and ofcourse as everyone else, I want to get the best out of my budget now. i might add 1 or 2 camera's later on, but that doesn't help my current situation.

Is it ok to assume that I have my bases covered by the 2 starlight camera's during the time we are not there and that the other 2 camera's are not necessarily need to be starlight? I chose these 2 small dome's so that it doesn't look like I am not trusting anyone.

@EMPIRETECANDY I would appreciate an offer from you, I am from the netherlands, so not sure how well the tax free shipping goes.

Thanks in advance guys.

Attachments

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Dxue, you are missing a lot of key features in your sketch (windows, doors, points of interest, etc). The two varifocals seem like decent first choices, and zooming in on the door is a good idea during off hoiurs (perhaps always). The two fixed mini-domes have a choice of lens sizes. if you are choosing 3.6mm it is an 87 deg FOV, not the ~60 deg that you have. My first choice for location on thoes would be in the two diagonal corners, looking at each other and the 5231 with 87 deg 3.6mm versions, but the layout of points of interest might change that. This would tend to give great overview with overlap of the entire place, although good ID shots would be limited to a bit closer to each camera than 10m (~5m), except for the varifocals which are good at 10 to 13m at full zoom.

Dxue

n3wb
Reaction score
@bug99 , thanks for the feedback, had a long working day today, I will upload a better picture now. Got this one today, didn't realise I had a good map of the to be build place.

The upperleft corner can open to the right and down for about half of the wall. And then there is the door on the right side, these are the possible entrances for our customers, depending on the weather if the large "doors" will open or not. The walls are made of glass with a height of 2.70 meter. The ceiling height hasn't been decided yet, but will be between 2.7 and 2.8 meter. Restaurant area should be clear what it means, but the 'afhaal' area is the take away area. The door there will be used after the mall closes at 1800. the lower 2/3 of the area on the right side, is used for the kitchen, supplies and restrooms.

About the degrees, I haven't really put it in perspective, but it was more of a gamble and I would take that into account during installation. I'm not sure if the diagonal corners will be covered by the camera, as that will be around 22 meters, so about 11 meters to cover for each camera, although I think that the wall will be in the way for the camera's to see eachother.

Hopefully it is a bit more clear now. I don't need to have any fancy counting and that kind of stuff (although it would be great if I can use it, but not a must), as long as the important area's are covered and that any potential bad guy will think twice about taking this place as a target.

Thanks again in advance :)

Attachments