Original English 2CD2032-I with Chinese 7608N E2/8P NVR

Rellim

n3wb
Reaction score
I hope this is not a stupid question but my search didn't give me an answer to my question. Will I get a language mismatch issue if I add an original multi language 2032-I camera (i.e. no CCCH in the serial number) to the above NVR with serial xxxxxxxxxWCVU ? The camera is sold as upgradable but I don't have any more detail re firmware etc. My current cameras are all CCCH cameras (2032-I running 5.2.5 firmware. Thanks for any response.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Although it does depend on the specific firmware version of the NVR - the region-checking gets stricter with newer firmware - your new camera should be fine.
My current cameras are all CCCH cameras (2032-I running 5.2.5 firmware.
Could these be working OK due to running 'hacked' firmware to make them masquerade as EN?
For all your Hikvision devices, you can easily query the language they claim by using your browser:
http://<the_device_IPaddress>/SDK/language

Rellim

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Alastair, This is pretty much what I thought but there are many wiser minds than mine on this thread. When I queried the language as per your advice I see it as a Chinese camera masquerading as English. This is what the NVR will be expecting I think. I'll give it a go, the worst that can happen is that the community knowledge base will be broadened ! Thanks again, and thanks to all those experts who so willingly give their time and expertise.