OSD Issues - Font Size

plomaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone have any luck with changing the Date/Time font size on Hikvision IP Cameras?

I have a few Hikvision US version DS-2CD2432F-IW cameras and several unlabeled US version DS-2CD2420F-IW clones. For some reason, only some of the cameras allow proportional sizing of the font on the OSD date and time display. For the Hik 2432's, with firmwares 5.1 build 131202 and 5.4 build 160530, whenever I try a different size for the date and time, it only changes the height of the font, the width stays the same. I've tried firmware 5.3 and that didn't fix it. I also notice that you can't put the date and time in the true upper left hand corner as there seems to be some kind of invisible border.

On the 2420 clones with firmware 5.4 build 160401, I can set the text to say 32x32 and the font will size down proportionally in both width and height. I also notice that there is an Alignment option that I don't see on the Hik 2432's.

All the cameras are set to 2MP, 1920x1080, 15 fps, variable 3072 bps. I've tried factory reset after upgrading to 5.3 and that didn't seem to make any difference.

I know it's not a huge deal, but I'm hoping to add timestamps to all my cameras so I can use Direct to Disk in Bi and know what time it is.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

plomaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also, the cameras that do allow proper font sizing all use DSP/Encoding versions of 1.0. The ones that don't work use a DSP/Encoding version of 5.0. I'm not sure if the DSP/Encoding can be updated separately, but I assume not.

Reaction score
Same peoblem with camera DS-2CD2041G1-IDW.

Has really big fonts..

Any solution regarding this?

PS. FW used is the latests..