Outdoor dome camera over wireless?

Reaction score
We want to install a camera on a light pole, preferably a dome, so I have two questions.

1. What are some great cameras that will work with our Hikvision NVR? I believe our newest NVR, we have two, can go up to 12MP(NSN-7324K-16P). The camera would be covering a wide area at a depth of up to 300ft. We don't monitor the system, used strictly for playback, so zoom isn't necessary unless the camera auto tracks.

2. Is using a business grade wireless bridge reliable enough for security cameras? We'd prefer to do it over wireless to save cost since boring under the parking lot would cost a couple grand at least.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No domes, espically on poles.. the sun's gonna bake that dome and it wont be clear, plus it causes all sorts of artifacts in the video from light refraction.. they need constantly cleaned, water spots fuck em all up.. might be worth getting something w/image stabilization on a light pole.. they are typically pretty damn wobbly and nowhere near as rigid as a pole designed for cameras.

Look at some Ubiquiti Bridges, the'll do just fine as long as you maintain line of site: Amazon.com: Ubiquiti NBE-M5-16 High-Performance airMAX Bridge NanoBeam M5 16dBi: Computers & Accessories

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Turret > bubble dome when exposed outside.

I run a bunch of cams over Ubiquiti wifi gear at work with good results.