Outdoor mounting question

kolt_

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I recently received the IPC-T2431T-AS and I plan to mount it on the outside wall of my garage like in the position as shown in this picture,

1626019508228.png

The housing of this camera seems to be some sort of plastic and my dad mentioned that the sun would beat on it. I am trying to consider the longevity of the housing and if it would withstand the outdoors. The product is listed as an outdoor and indoor turret camera and I believe it should do its job but I want to collect thoughts on this matter as it's going to be my first permanent installation of any sort of IP camera. Thank you

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
UV & sunlight will destroy any PVC known to man given time. It's chemistry. However, if you keep it out of direct sunlight, it wil last for years. If unable to, consider fabricating some time of hood.
Also, if possible..attach the camera to a round weatherproof base junction box. That will be where you can store extra pigtail wire and make your weatherproof RJ45 connection. For extra safety, consider using dielectric grease on the connection as well.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In addition to the junction box mentioned, I would also look into the Dahua PFB203W mount if that is a possibility for under eave, or other usable locations, when mounting.

The weatherproof suggestions mentioned above are recommended and I would add Coax Seal Tape to that list.

Reaction score
In addition to the junction box mentioned, I would also look into the Dahua PFB203W mount if that is a possibility for under eave, or other usable locations, when mounting.

The weatherproof suggestions mentioned above are recommended and I would add Coax Seal Tape to that list.
I really go the extra mile. One day, I should do a video or pix to add to helper guides. I do not use the included weatherproof connectors. I use dielectric grease and both 1" and 1/2" heatshrink tubing.

kolt_

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I was just looking at the pfb203w for mounting it to the wall. I have a similar camera coming and I want to mount it to the eve. Would I need a bracket for that if it's under the eve or would be okay if it was mounted directly under the eve withoit the bracket. Thanks

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was just looking at the pfb203w for mounting it to the wall. I have a similar camera coming and I want to mount it to the eve. Would I need a bracket for that if it's under the eve or would be okay if it was mounted directly under the eve withoit the bracket. Thanks
Yes, you could mount under the eave without a bracket. Just my 2 cents, the brackets (OEM mounts) give a more professionally installed look. I would still do all the waterproof recommendations under the eave either way. I would recommend you get the bracket and then decide which works best and looks best for your particular situation.