Outdoor Patrol and Zoom Cameras Recommendation

technicaldisruption

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Need some guidance...I have a lot of the Hikvisions and Dahua fixed camera's and now I'm interested in trying out a camera that rotates and zooms. I don't want to spend a ton of money and I want a brand that is relatively popular so that Blue Iris / Synology support it, etc.

My requirements.

- Easily mountable and powered by POE, preferably not POE+. I don't want to plug it in somewhere also.
- Zoom abilities at least 10x optical, more preferred.
- Supported by Blue Iris.
- Not a lot of money. Would prefer sub 500-600
- Needs to be whether proof of course.
- Not a large unit in size.
- I want the recording to support at least 1080p or 3mp. I basically want a zoom and patrol version of the Hik 2032 but not for a huge amount of money.

Any recommendations?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dahua SD40212S fits all your requirements but it needs PoE+.. a quick search on Aliexpress shows them going for ~$460 shipped

Good luck; thats a harsh set of requirements... Hope you dont need IR cause thats not gonna happen for the price range and power envelope you set.
From what I gather Dahua does the best affordable and reliable PTZ gimbals.

PTZ's are power hungry; even a mini needs Poe+ and thats not even enough for mine with IR spotlights; Since i had to yank one cable I gave in on that requirement and ran two at the same time.. was not any more of a hassle and just a little more money.

Last edited by a moderator: