Overallocated Shortage

JT Blue Iris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Isn't Overallocated Shortage an Oxymoron?

Anyway I have it on drive E: Stored..

Setup is I have 12 cameras, 3 8th storage drives that are identical. 4 cameras point to each drive and each drive deletes after its limit.
System has been working fine for some time and nothing has changed.
tried CHKDSK E: /F, no errors reported.
tried rebuilding the DB and waiting 24 hrs, same same.

I noticed this because a camera pointing to drive E: wasnt recording, so I deleted ~15% of the files (with BI closed) and rebuilt DB

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
JT

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am guessing E has some other files on it, either in the trash that needs recycled, or there are literally other files on it, or maybe that drive is set up to create a restore point and is saving space.

JT Blue Iris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK here is something weird I just noticed, 99.9% of the files are from 1 camera..
Maybe I need to wipe the directory?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
OK here is something weird I just noticed, 99.9% of the files are from 1 camera..
Maybe I need to wipe the directory?
I’d recheck the config to ensure that you’ve set the recording path to the correct drive. If that looks correct then start looking at why the other cams are not recording.

JT Blue Iris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wiped the drive and now it seems to be recording all cameras correctly. I will just have to wait till it fills up.
I had to replace a drive on this system a while back and I copied all the clips on it to the new drive.
Not sure its the E: drive I replaced but i/m guessing it was.