Overlay problem after upgrade

walkman99

n3wb
Reaction score
HI all,

I have overlays created from .jpg files on the local server/computer that runs BI. The overlays look fine on the live video from the camera and the .jpg files themselves look fine also, but when they are displayed on the playback of clips, they are strangely represented. I attached a screenshot of the effect, which varies frame by frame but always has the same basic defect.

The same camera creates a .jpg snapshot that doesn't have the effect. And the time/date overlay doesn't seem to be affected.

This is coincidental with upgrade to 5.3.2.3 and was working fine previously. Would it be worth it to downgrade? Can anyone point me to instructions for that?

Thanks for looking,

:Mike

Attachments

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
5.3.2.2 is the latest stable release. I would stick to the stable versions.
If you like helping with software development, you can run the latest and help Ken find the little bugs like this.
Pick your virgin here.

If you want to let Ken now, you can email the support email with the information.
You may not get a responce, but I know he reads the email, as the problems are fixed in the next version.

walkman99

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for info. I did change preference to not install the latest automatically and will contribute my problem to the support/developer folks. It takes a village, right?

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
It does.
Blue Iris is a one man band, that's how he can do it so cheap. But it takes the rest of us to help him out.
It might take a bit more maintance then the $1,000 software, but it's worth it to me.
I have ran BI since version 3, and still with it. I have it at 4 of my customers.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
If you go to settings, there is a button to click that will send all of your pertain information to an email, then add the details.