P137 mounting upside down?

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can I mount the P137 upside down with the hole on the top? How to cover the hole on the top after feeding the CAT5e? With duct seal or silicone? I'm going to mount it on fascia board and my CAT5e can only be fed thru the top.

Rob2020

Known around here
Reaction score
I am perplexed as to why the CAT5E can only be fed thru the top?

I must be missing something, it seems to me you could go through the bottom middle or alternatively drill one of the side plugs about 1/4" to feed from the side.

137.PNG

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am perplexed as to why the CAT5E can only be fed thru the top?

I must be missing something, it seems to me you could go through the bottom middle or alternatively drill one of the side plugs about 1/4" to feed from the side.

View attachment 164735
Thats how my existing cat5 is at, I can only feed from the top.

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Post a pic - is there not enough that you can't run it along the side of the box to enter somewhere else?
I was able to pull the cable a bit and routed it through the side instead of top. Now I'm not sure if the gap should be on top or bottom, camera can rotate easily this way but water can get thru?

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was able to pull the cable a bit and routed it through the side instead of top. Now I'm not sure if the gap should be on top or bottom, camera can rotate easily this way but water can get thru?
Thanks for the image ..

Looks like you will want to adjust this setup ..
perhaps try to play with the rotation of the base of that camera ..
perhaps replace the junction box with one of those wall mount units ..
perhaps something like the PFB203W or PFB205W iirc .. you will need to check the specs .. will work better ..

Other option is to custom make a wood support and rain covering with that ..

Also one trick I like is using a short piece of conduit down from the attic to the junction box and camera ..

hint: also Drip loop ... remember drip loops when you have exposed cables going into a camera or junction box ..

Last edited:

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the image ..

Looks like you will want to adjust this setup ..
perhaps try to play with the rotation of the base of that camera ..
perhaps replace the junction box with one of those wall mount units ..
perhaps something like the PFB203W or PFB205W iirc .. you will need to check the specs .. will work better ..

Other option is to custom make a wood support and rain covering with that ..

Also one trick I like is using a short piece of conduit down from the attic to the junction box and camera ..

hint: also Drip loop ... remember drip loops when you have exposed cables going into a camera or junction box ..
I turned the lens hood/ring the other way around. Yes, I have put in a drip loop, water proof connector and dielectric grease, should be more than enough.