P2P Finder- active x controls

injunear

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a couple of SRICAM's bullet outdoor types that I used to be able to access via the P2P app that used IE and active x controls.
Needless to say this stuff hasn't been updated in a few years so it doesn't work anymore. I can't use the IE interface anymore and when I use Chrome I don't have full hardware setup capabilities of the camera. What capability I do have access to is not saved to the camera when I exit.

I also have this problem with some ESCAM's I have but to a lesser degree. I can setup most of the camera using P2P and Chrome.

Anyway, is there something better out there that's "universal" that allows for hardware access or am I screwed?

injunear

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, given no one answered this I'll answer it myself. I took an old 12" Samsung laptop running WIN7 and rolled back its IE11 to IE9 and loaded up the IP cam software, including the OCX (active X used for the IE interface to the cams) and all is well.....If you go this route you have to go into IE9 Security tab and set ALL the Active X options to 'enable'. So if you buy an el cheapo camera on ebay that comes with the 'IPCAM' disk for software you'l actually be able to use it. I found that I cannot get full functionality when setting up these cams using any browser other than IE9.