P3255 Mid Span requirements

Pigsfoot

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a P3255 Camera installed and i have an message on the screen saying "Not enough power, requires POE Class 4 or higher".

I am powering the camera with a Ubiquiti POE GB Power Adapter - POE-54V-80W which as the part number suggests is 54V and 80W which is Class 4, the most powerfull POE injector Ubiquiti do! Do i really need an injector capable of suppling 100W.. looking at the Axis Midspan options even they dont do one?

If anyone is using the same or simular camera that requires a Class 4 Midspan can you let me know what injector you are using please.

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That camera has very modest power requirements. You shouldn't need anything too powerful. Class 4 Poe is around the 15-25watt mark. A standard poe+ switch will power it ok. Are you using a non Poe switch and why are you using a midspan?. How long is the cable run?

Pigsfoot

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll try a std POE + injector and see if that works. We do have a POE switch used to power WiFi kit but its not POE + and there is no room for another hence why we are using an injector. Cable run is only around 8 mtrs.