Paint my LPR Camera or no?

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
looks like a large branch was cut off just above the camera, could you 'top' that a little to create a flat shelf like area? It would put the camera just a few feet higher, but would keep it more out of site from pedestrian traffic as you could slide it back on the 'shelf' a little bit. Then it might not matter so much what color it is

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There’s an advantage to the public knowing they are on camera. I know in many cases it deters crimes of opportunity. But my LPR I want to be discreet. I painted mine so it didn’t stick out like a sore thumb.

I think in your case blending in to prevent vandalism as well would be a good idea. I just removed by covers to paint solo and masked the rest

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
A drill, a tap set, and you're good to go. If I remember correctly, an 8-32 screw is the biggest that will fit.

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Robert hocevar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You need a drip loop on the cables that are entering the right side of the box.
A drip loop would be a great idea, One of my guys installed it. the glands that the cable goes through is sealed really well and there is a shitload of silicone on it so it shouldnt be much of a issue. later this summer the system will be swapped out for a IP system. all cable will be underground. This is installed at a landscaping company and the owner will trench everything. also adding more cameras. at this point He has 38 cameras. I guess he is paranoid someone will steal a load of mulch!