Painting cameras ?

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Someone painted four of my cameras black last night. They did a poor job and it all came back off easily though. Next time that thug better bring primer. Also, many small coats works better than one long 15 second spray can hosing. It ran off so well I could still see him walk away. What an amateur.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Someone painted four of my cameras black last night. They did a poor job and it all came back off easily though. Next time that thug better bring primer. Also, many small coats works better than one long 15 second spray can hosing. It ran off so well I could still see him walk away. What an amateur.
Ha thats awesome!

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have painted the few that I have already installed facing the street, dark to match surrounding trim work, for both a bit of covertness and aesthetic reasons.
Have you ever had any issues with the painted ones such as overheating, quirks, etc.?

I like the idea of blending them in with the surrounding trim work especially here in Florida where most single story houses have eaves that are only 8.5 - 9.5 ft. high which is not enough to prevent vandal and theft.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have 2 hikvision cameras with plasti dip to match the colors of the house.
No issues during the summer but there is not that much energy in the sun here compared to Florida i guess.
For solar panels we need to calculate with .85 factor. Also only few days per year only shiny and hot waether in the summer.