Panarama of the valley I live in with the HUISUN V2 PTZ

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

5/21/2016 Quick pan of the sky - colors are washed out due to brightness at first.

After the complete "sky" pan I point the cam down a bit and the colors come back in and you can get a better idea of how the valley looks. This is just after a good rain so the air is very clear.

Then I use a combination of pan, presets and 3D to move the cam around first at 1X and at 9.5X. When the cam jumps quickly from point to point that is the presets at first, then the 3D.

At about 2.30 I use the preset to zoom in to the river then use the focus to fine tune the sharpness, if you know what to look for you can see the picture zoom in then the detail improve slightly as I bump the focus button to fine tune the sharpness. If you really want to see that, you will have to watch in full screen at high def.

This cam will not focus properly after the magnification goes past 9.5X, it needs a slight bump on the focus button, so I don't use it any higher then 9.5X. Wish I could set it to go to 9.5X and no farther.

I can set it to max out at 9.5X with the presets but still need to bump the focus slightly. Then if I pan the cam at all, the cam will refocus and be slightly "out of focus" again.

The focus being slightly off does not seem too bad at lower magnifications, it is only really noticeable at higher magnification.

For a cheap PTZ cam I can't expect perfection.

If any one knows how to adjust the focus on these HUISUN PTZ cams let me know.

Robert

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a lovely panorama, and very clear and sharp images.
Do you get any problems with mudslides or flash flooding?
Quite a few steep slopes around.

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow! Almost broke my nose on the monitor I was so rapt. Then almost shorted out my keyboard from drooling. I am green with envy. When I get mine up it will be so hohum viewing.

JMartin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very nice.
I like how the PTX overlay changes color based on contrast of background.
Makes me want to get up on the roof and mount my Imporx tomorrow.

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's a lovely panorama, and very clear and sharp images.
Do you get any problems with mudslides or flash flooding?
Quite a few steep slopes around.
Yes there have been landslides recently. On the video at the 3.00 to 3.25 point the cam is zoomed in on a Plateau/ridge directly across the valley called wenatchee heights, it is about 10 miles away from me according to google maps.

An area along the west side of wenatchee heights called "whispering ridge" has been sliding slowly away from the main plateau. Really sucks for the people living right there, 26 homes in the slide area are now worth about ZERO. Who would buy a house virtually "in an active slow motion landslide" Ouch! Officials say it could go at any time and become a "massive landslide". As of now it seems to be happening in slow motion inch by inch.

Link to story about it

It has been very wet this spring and present weather aside, has been drying out some what, but who knows. In our end of the valley there has been springs open up and start flowing that no one has ever seen before due to the rain. Right down the street from me, a spring was flowing down the hill, through 2 properties and across the road so we have had to drive through about an inch or so of water flowing over the road for about 3 weeks straight. It just finally dried up and stopped flowing a few weeks ago.

The hill and land I live on seems to be pretty stable, it is a ridge so while it has been wet, the water does not concentrate on our Ridge so we have not seen any signs of the land moving.

Robert

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Why are there so few tree's ? Is that to high so tree's wont grow that well?
Does a forest not help in keeping the ground from shifting in general.

i live in a delta area, we not even have hills here..

it looks very nice there.

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Why are there so few tree's ? Is that to high so tree's wont grow that well?
Does a forest not help in keeping the ground from shifting in general.

i live in a delta area, we not even have hills here..

it looks very nice there.
We get less rain, usually so fewer trees.

Trees don't stop land slides but they can help with soil erosion and stabilizing slopes.

When a large landslide happens the soils become very wet and the trees usually are not rooted deep enough to stop a landslide at that point.

Notice on the video below, a large landslide that happened in japan, the hapless trees are just along for the ride, they can't stop a large landslide like this. :nightmare:

Robert

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think the house at the 7 minute mark has the right idea. Plenty of trees and beautiful ones too.

How does the rest of your security system compare?

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think the house at the 7 minute mark has the right idea. Plenty of trees and beautiful ones too.

How does the rest of your security system compare?
You mean my cams? They are all 3MP Hikvison fixed cams, no other PTZ cams for now.

As for the house at the 7 minute point yes that house is a bit up the hill from me and has lots of smaller trees. I do like lots of trees and have planted some, I added the pines along my driveway and the pines that block the house to the west and downhill so we are not looking down right into their driveway and windows.

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:

Mgbringo

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow, what a view. Nice country.

Do you know 1963impala2dr from YouTube fame? I am pretty sure he lives close by. He is a fruit tree grafter and has been doing it for a long time.

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wow, what a view. Nice country.

Do you know 1963impala2dr from YouTube fame? I am pretty sure he lives close by. He is a fruit tree grafter and has been doing it for a long time.
I had not known of him. Just went and watched a few of his videos, one was about his rat rod, pretty sure i have seen that car before at a local car gathering.

Looks like he lives straight across the valley from me.

I'll be on the lookout for him at the local car shows.

In this video he made at 3.20 on the upper left, you can see where I live [across the valley] and shot my video from.

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:

Mgbringo

n3wb
Reaction score
That is him. He has crazy good art talent. Take a look at his yard in some of his videos.