Pant's not sagging!

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Holy crap, I thought his butt crack was reversed and that his ass was on the front instead of the rear. Talk about a front exhaust :rofl:
Welcome to America :lmao:

On a more serious note, he should probably be wearing a mask. Obesity is one of many predisposition factors of COVID-19

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
@djernie The music makes it funnier. By the way, is that a male or female? :confused: Seriously...

Reaction score
Holy crap, I thought his butt crack was reversed and that his ass was on the front instead of the rear. Talk about a front exhaust :rofl:
Welcome to America :lmao:

On a more serious note, he should probably be wearing a mask. Obesity is one of many predisposition factors of COVID-19
Yes he should be, just like many others i see who feel there is no virus.

Reaction score
How did humans evolve to be so huge? Super over-weight people are everywhere these days.

In my school days, 99.5% of the kids where skinny with flat stomachs. You rarely saw an obese kid. Most adult women where shapely with small waist, and adult men where well under 200 lbs with flat stomachs. Today's grade school kids are huge (2 to 3 times over weight), and every other adult is pushing 300+ lbs (male & female).

I'm just baffled at how that happened ...
It's because every where you eat out now gives you enough food for three people. When i order food i always say can i have half in a to go plate please. Also with the invention of the buffett also brought on obesity.

Reaction score
Some people also blame the increase of "processed flour" and increased sugars (like high fructose corn syrup) in foods. Tony you mention your activity and I agree with what you're saying but I'm pointing out that the cheeseburger, soda and ice cream you ate then is very different than what is there now. There are some great documentaries that explain how these really became prominent in the 70s. Look on the label of everything you eat and you might be surprised how often one of these is one of the first ones listed in the ingredients. IMHO, what I just mentioned in addition to what you guys are saying contributes. People, in general, are more sedentary nowadays. In my neighborhood, the cool adult thing is to buy a golf cart and drive it around it the evenings instead of going out for a walk. And let me tell you, many of those riding around really do need to walk more.
I agree, people are lazy today.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That guy isn't only lazy, he also has no self respect. Being grossly overweight is bad enough, walking around with his belly flopping out like that is just plain old gross.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I always tell the lovely cashier, "Supersize that for me; and I'll supersize for you after I'm done with my meal honey" :rofl:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not expert but I think the answer is simple...

When I was a kid (born in 1949) we rode bikes everywhere and constantly. If we weren't biking we were walking...mom or dad only drove us somewhere if it was more than a mile or a bad storm; a little rain didn't qualify.
We'd play tag, hide n' seek, 1-2-3 red light, dodge ball and all kind of made-up, running, physical games until dark.
We played baseball, basketball, football...you name it....year round...even if out in a field or in the street, even if not Little League, Pop Warner or school-sponsored.
In the summer we went swimming and hiked in the woods.
I used a push-mower on a 1/2 acre of grass, no riding mower / lawn tractor.

If you ate a cheeseburger, drank a soft drink and had an ice cream you'd "burn" it off.

Today the kids are either on a game machine, PC, tablet or phone if they're not sleeping or eating...no chance to 'burn" off any of those same foods we ate as kids.
Even out here in a rural area the kids rarely ride bikes or walk...it's 4-wheelers (quads, ATV's, ORV's, etc.). Most kids today drink 4 or more drinks a day sweetened with high-fructose corn syrup as do their parents.

You do that day-in-day-out and continually sit on your butt and guess what......your gut and butt is gonna get big....it's really that simple, IMO. :headbang:
Yeah plus this side of the pond, not sure about yours, parents re paranoid about child abduction. Whereas as a child from about 11 yrs old we used to walk to and from school, now parents take their little darlings everywhere by car even up to 18+yrs because they're so paranoid someone's going to abduct their kid. I'm not sure the rates are any higher than they've ever been and being a victim is still like winning the lottery, but most parents seem to thing it's a daily occurrence and so children can't be allowed to walk to school or play out, hence the xbox generation. The 2nd factor as Tony points out are activities. Again in the UK after a few high profile cases of childen being killed on school outdoor activities, parents are scared to allow their children engage in after school activities / school trips / scouts etc. Equally many schools, because of the law suits that followed, are too scared to run these activities for fear of being sued.

Reaction score
parents re paranoid about child abduction
I agree. I blame the internet and social media. One incident happens and it is splattered all over the internet by many different groups each giving different accounts. It starts to look like hundreds of them happening. You can't read each story and see that they are all the same incident. And then they replay it all over again in a few days so you think it is a different story.

When I was a kid, yes biked and walked everywhere. Really the only time I rode in a car was some Sundays we would for go a ride for about an hour. Other than that, rarely was in a car.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
People, in general, are more sedentary nowadays.
That's the key, along with diet and genetics, to the question about the increase in morbid obesity in most cases, IMO.

Also, there's more 2 income families these days, mom's at work too and oftentimes the kids come home and stay in the house and heat up a high sodium, high fat pre-packaged snack or meal. The days of June Cleaver being at home all day cooking and then handing Ward the paper, his pipe and his slippers when he comes in the door are long gone... :(

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
In that video, that's going to be Paris Hilton in 30 years, just sayin'

Last edited: