Parameter error

zmo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

i am very new to nvr’s and poe cameras. I currently have a hikvision nvr which i bought from a amazon vendor, with 4 poe cameras connected via plug and play. When first connecting the cameras i got an error message saying no resource, i chbaged the resolution of 2 cameras from 8mp to 4mp.now i want to change them back to 8mp and then change the stream to sub stream so all my cameras record at the highest resolution but i can also view them on a lower resolution. Everytime i try this i get an error message, parameter error. I’ve teied factory reset but the camera information such as name of camera and resolution and stays the same.

Where is the camera details and information such as resolution, camera name stored. Is it on the network, nvr, or on the poe camera itself?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the model number of the hikvision NVR. The link to the nvr on amazon may help.
What is the make and model number of the Cameras ?

LauraYuan

n3wb
Reaction score
Check to see if the network lights are flashing at the back of the nvr. Check your plug connection at the camera, do a pairs test. Plug the affected camera directly into the back of the nvr with a pre made patch lead. Swap out the camera from another channel. A bent cat 5 Cable can also test correctly on a pairs test but still not work.