Parking lot door checkers again

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I recently moved and thought I was done with the collage kids/crap, but I guess not. Luckily I have good lighting here and have good video. However I want to put up another cam now just focused where I park in hopes of getting more indefinable shots.
I'm currently using a IPC-T5442TM-AS 4mp and also have an older IPC-HFW1831E 8mp I may put up since I have better lighting it may be ok in forced color and be a little clearer. My main issue once again is being in an APT and they are behind glass or I wouldn't mind B&W over color if more detail but can't due to IR washout.
So I maybe as well look for a good varifocal and keep the IPC-T5442TM-AS or IPC-HFW1831E for an overall view. I miss my PTZ now would have been great to zoom in get a close up....o well a good stationary cam would be better than a PTZ anyway as I know it would get what I want and not have to hope it would trigger.

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wonder what happened between 6:59AM and 7:05AM that triggered the dark car lights to start flashing. Seems like alarm triggered but only after they are all off camera in the first video.
I wish, that was my remote start, kind of cold this morning for me. The manager said this is ongoing and at least two other apts near by have reported it as well. So I'm going to get up early a few days and watch. Since they got into one maybe they will try again.

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Democrat thugs in training

Great cap. Amazing they’re doing it so late in the morning, around here it’s usually between 2:30 and 4 am
Yea, it is good but now I know the importance of placing one to make sure you get what you need besides an overall view. So I'll start doing both if possible.
I knew they where good cams but I was surprised how well they do in the dark for color, as that is only one flood on the side of the building.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yea, it is good but now I know the importance of placing one to make sure you get what you need besides an overall view. So I'll start doing both if possible.
I knew they where good cams but I was surprised how well they do in the dark for color, as that is only one flood on the side of the building.
Still getting a bit of motion blur, maybe try a wee bit faster shutter...

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Still getting a bit of motion blur, maybe try a wee bit faster shutter...
Ok, can so. I just left them default in case the flood was out it would do the best automatically. Though that you mention it as I can't use IR due to behind glass, if that goes out it would probably so dark with out IR I wouldn't get anything good.
So like 1/60 or higher if possible? I just don't want to lose too much light.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I get screaming mad when I see this activity. I have a recurring fantasy that involves running headlong into the car door, breaking at least one of his legs and then a beating that goes on and on... until they come scrape him up.

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I get screaming mad when I see this activity. I have a recurring fantasy that involves running headlong into the car door, breaking at least one of his legs and then a beating that goes on and on... until they come scrape him up.
I wouldn't be so mad....but my wife forgot to lock the doors after unloading and just let me know this morning. I have also noticed quite a few homeless sadly while going through the last few weeks. If I knew this I would of moved elsewhere and may once my lease is up.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Hey you stole my dream! But then mine involved a baseball bat...

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You've got great lighting to get that at 250th! There's no reason to slow the shutter with this lighting.

Reaction score
I recently moved and thought I was done with the collage kids/crap, but I guess not. Luckily I have good lighting here and have good video. However I want to put up another cam now just focused where I park in hopes of getting more indefinable shots.
I'm currently using a IPC-T5442TM-AS 4mp and also have an older IPC-HFW1831E 8mp I may put up since I have better lighting it may be ok in forced color and be a little clearer. My main issue once again is being in an APT and they are behind glass or I wouldn't mind B&W over color if more detail but can't due to IR washout.
So I maybe as well look for a good varifocal and keep the IPC-T5442TM-AS or IPC-HFW1831E for an overall view. I miss my PTZ now would have been great to zoom in get a close up....o well a good stationary cam would be better than a PTZ anyway as I know it would get what I want and not have to hope it would trigger.

give a flash drive to the police, so they will have these degenerates on their system.

Reaction score
It's at 1/250 and I turned down sharpen and 3D NR a bit so it's a little noisy but not much.
How do you not get 60hz flicker at 1/250? I get terrible rolling flicker at anything above 1/120 at night. Could you post your night time exposure tab?

This is what I get at 1/250 at night.

Here is the exposure tab settings.
1601792782156.png

SecuritySeeker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How do you not get 60hz flicker at 1/250? I get terrible rolling flicker at anything above 1/120 at night.
Not all (street)lights are the same, he's just lucky to have streetlights that do not flicker with a frequency that interferes badly with his camera (with exposure set to 1/250). You are not so lucky apparently.

Flicker is most apparent with LED based lights, although some LED lights use PWM with such a high frequency that it becomes a non-issue or sometimes, usually if they are not dimmable, they may even be fed a truly constant (DC) current so there is no flicker whatsoever. If the floodlight Wolf4Ever mentioned is a halogen it will have virtually no flicker whatsoever.

Last edited: