Passing variables from Blue Iris to a script

_Peek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm a bit stumped.

How would one pass a variable from Blue Iris to a script ?

( and then also, how would one test/validate the contents of a variable? (During testing) )

Variables/Macros being:
&CAM
&ALERT_JPEG

I'm trying to send an alert image to Telegram via an action within BlueIris:

1637909554272.png

Parameters: -F chat_id=-CHATID -F photo=@C:\BlueIris\Telegram_Alerts\$ALERT_JPEG -F $CAM

Executing "curl -F chat_id=-CHATID -F photo=@C:\BlueIris\Telegram_Alerts\Sample.jpg -F caption=Test" from a command line delivers the image to Telegram.

The moment I use variables, no errors, yet no image in Telegram either.

Attachments

Psylent126

n3wb
Reaction score
I know this was a while ago, but were you ever able to figure out this issue?

I am having the exact same problem. I can get curl to send the alert if I don't include any BI macros, but the second I include a macro, nothing happens...no error, no message, no nothing.

Psylent126

n3wb
Reaction score
I know this was a while ago, but were you ever able to figure out this issue?

I am having the exact same problem. I can get curl to send the alert if I don't include any BI macros, but the second I include a macro, nothing happens...no error, no message, no nothing.
So I was playing around a bit more on this and was able to get a few macros to work. The issue appears like it has to do with the syntax of the argument being defined in the parameters path. When I removed a macro from within the double quotes, I could get the macro to display it's content and the curl command to work. Now mind you, I could only get this to work with simple messages using the curl command within Blue Iris. As soon as I tried to do something like add an image and a URL with the message, I ended up with the same old no error, no message, no nothing. I am still playing around with it to see if I can come up with a syntax that will allow the message to go through while using the desired macros.

What baffles me is I am not sure why including each argument within double quotes seems to just work for all but a select few people. If anyone has any further suggestions, I am all ears.