Patch panel vs continuous runs?

RUMBLESTRIP

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After upgrading to windows pro, and debloating and reinstalling BI, the fist thing I noticed was on the camera configuration page the ONVIF source says "videosource_1". Hopefully that change makes a difference...

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure why it decides to show videosource_1 or _0. Most all of mine are _0. Seems to work fine either way.

RUMBLESTRIP

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It changed to 0000, but it doesn't work either way, so I have no idea

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In BI, did you put in the IP address and username and password and hit find/inspect and let BI do its thing or did you select a camera from the pulldown?

Do find/inspect if you haven't.

If that doesn't do it, then delete the camera in BI and re-add and if that doesn't work, then post screenshots of the window that pops up when you hit find/inspect and screenshots of your settings in BI.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I actually never paid that Onvif source any attention! but now that it's been mentioned, I have 8 nightowl 5mp cams and 6 of 8 say " Video Source 1" and 2 say "00000".
But all are recording to the drive and sensing motion, and behave well enough that i never had to mess with that setting.

RUMBLESTRIP

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After a full reinstall I am back where I started. I'm going to try to find an sd card to install in the camera and see if that does anything.

Screenshot (8).pngScreenshot (9).pngScreenshot (10).pngScreenshot (11).pngScreenshot (12).pngScreenshot (13).pngScreenshot (14).pngScreenshot (15).pngScreenshot (16).pngScreenshot (17).pngScreenshot (18).pngScreenshot (19).pngScreenshot (20).pngScreenshot (21).pngScreenshot (23).pngScreenshot (24).png

Attachments

RUMBLESTRIP

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This isn't the core problem, but as I mentioned previously, when using Smartplan IVS, turn off both motion and smart motion.
I did that now. I may have misinterpreted that as turning off the BI motion. I've probably been at this for 8 hours now, and I am at the point where I just can't even come up with a different combination of settings.

As I sit here, a car drives by and my tripwires flash red, but nothing on BI. Run Blue Iris they said, it is easy to setup they said lol!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After turning SMD and MD off, redo the find/inspect.

Add the appears box to the IVS rule.

I would also switch to H264 and up the bitrate to at least 8192.

And use the substreams!!!

RUMBLESTRIP

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The ivs triggers are recording on the SD card, but nothing on BI yet. Should I be recording continuous+triggered, or continuous+alerts?

RUMBLESTRIP

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
At what point do you give up on a camera working correctly? I have 3 other cameras, that work perfectly, but this single camera is so inconsistent that I think I'm over it.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Try copying the same model camera that you set up in BI thats working. Then go into the BI setup for that new cam copy and change the IP to that of the one that you can't seem to get to work. See if that does it.

RUMBLESTRIP

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try copying the same model camera that you set up in BI thats working. Then go into the BI setup for that new cam copy and change the IP to that of the one that you can't seem to get to work. See if that does it.
I can try that this evening if I can figure out how to copy a cam, but I am curious as to what difference it would make?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just do add camera and then it will ask you if you want to use a copy.

Sometimes a camera gets wonky in BI and either deleting it and adding it back or copying from a known good working camera can fix it.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
After 2 years I'm a rank amatuer. I have found how to use it for basic recording and LPR. ...it's easy. NOT :smash: For my next trick i'll install the autotracking camera that doesn't autotrack until you setup 452 different settings :screwy:
I catch all the assholes at the Condo doing Stupid shit so....Mission accomplished.

RUMBLESTRIP

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lol, I've blasted through that option so many times I forgot it was there. Unfortunately after a copy it didn't immediately act right.

Even if I got it to work for a full 24 hours, how long would you all leave it testing before you were confident it wouldn't quit when you needed it most.