PC cabinet ventilation advice needed.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have just added a large gpu to my cabinet. It only has 1 rear fan and would like to add some extra airflow.

Now there is a magnetic filter on the top with what looks like holes to place fans but the air is being drawn in here. The front has a plastic cover with lights (unused). Not sure if there are fan brackets at the front.

Where would I install 1-2 extra fans? I suppose I need to verify if there are brackets at the front.

if I install fans on the top should they be blowing out? (guess that depends if there is an air gap at the front to draw air in.

Thanks!

Attachments

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Removed the front - Just the insides of the box behind, no brackets for fans.
So air is drawn in from the top. hmm. A fan pushing down will just push dust in. Maybe one pushing out. Not so efficient. A new cabinet may be better with fans on the front and back

nosnim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hot/warm air naturally rises so typically you would want to push(exhaust) hot/warm air out from the top. A fan to push hot/warm air out the top would be ideal. The back fan should be exhaust too. Cooler air would be pulled in (assisted/unassisted) from any vents that you case may have at the bottom, front and/or sides.