PC died... installed BI4 on new PC and somehow camera's were already imported!

OB1 KNOB

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey,

so my dedicated BI4 PC died, and as a back up until i get the dedicated one working again, i installed BI4 on my HTPC. After I entered my license key, it opened up and all of my cameras were there without me importing the reg file... does that make sense? Does BI make backups of the reg file in the cloud?

I'm kind of glad it happened as when I import the reg file, BI crashes.. which BTW, is very annoying. I export and immediately import, but the import crashes after it "shuts down" all of the cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey,

so my dedicated BI4 PC died, and as a back up until i get the dedicated one working again, i installed BI4 on my HTPC. After I entered my license key, it opened up and all of my cameras were there without me importing the reg file... does that make sense? Does BI make backups of the reg file in the cloud?

I'm kind of glad it happened as when I import the reg file, BI crashes.. which BTW, is very annoying. I export and immediately import, but the import crashes after it "shuts down" all of the cameras.
No it does not. You likely had BI installed on that htpc at some point,.

OB1 KNOB

n3wb
Reaction score
No it does not. You likely had BI installed on that htpc at some point,.
Thanks for the quick reply. I really doubt I had it installed on the HTPC and even if I did, it would have been a year ago... somehow the camera list is updated.

oh well, given that I cannot import the reg file, i'm glad it somehow got the camera list.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I really doubt I had it installed on the HTPC and even if I did, it would have been a year ago... somehow the camera list is updated.

oh well, given that I cannot import the reg file, i'm glad it somehow got the camera list.
There is no backup to the cloud, that is for certain. You may think your import failed, but it obviously worked.

OB1 KNOB

n3wb
Reaction score
There is no backup to the cloud, that is for certain. You may think your import failed, but it obviously worked.
Yes, i'm seeing that after BI exits, going back in, the import did work.

However, i swear i never did an import after i put in my license key after the installation. the reg file was on the desktop but i hadn't imported yet... or maybe i'm getting old and senile.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Unless there’s a new feature that detects for the presence of a backup and imports it straight after the install?