PC-NVR?

dana2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is PC-NVR ( I am guessing some sort of software that allows you to record on a computer) and where can I download it from?

I am looking at SmartPSS and it tells me: no local PC-NVR found (but I have NO LINK: add one)

dana2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oh, I was afraid of that answer, cannot set that one up so fast ...

dana2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Skylake, I glanced over that before posting here, that style of configuration is not there anymore with the new SmartPSS interface

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

dana2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Mine is installed via the ToolBox. How can I reinstall SmartPSS?

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can install it by downloading the latest version from the link i posted earlier.

Double click the downloaded .zip file, then double click the SmartPSS installer in the window that pops up.
Or unpack the downloaded .zip file by right-clicking it and select extract all, then open the extracted folder and click the SmartPSS installer.

If SmartPSS is running, close it before installing the new version, otherwise it will say that smartpss or pc-nvr is running.

When the installer starts up, make sure you select both SmartPSS and PC-NVR. I suppose that you could also just select PC-NVR without SmartPSS, but as this is the latest version, i would select both. It will re-install it over the old version.