Peculiar low FPS

marzian

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been experiencing a new and quite bizarr issue.
SOme (most) cameras would intermittently start exhibiting FPS of around 1 on the UI3. CPU and memory usage does not spike or a nuything like that. If I open the client (running as service) on the server on the same camera, that fixes the FPS on the WEB INTERFACE.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have been experiencing a new and quite bizarr issue.
SOme (most) cameras would intermittently start exhibiting FPS of around 1 on the UI3. CPU and memory usage does not spike or a nuything like that. If I open the client (running as service) on the server on the same camera, that fixes the FPS on the WEB INTERFACE.
Was the computer updating or some other network intensive app running?
is your cameras are on a separate network?

marzian

n3wb
Reaction score
Was the computer updating or some other network intensive app running?
is your cameras are on a separate network?
The cameras are not on a separate network but I monitor my network and it's not even 10% saturated.
Also, displaying the camera's feed on the client simultaneously fixing the remote FPS would argue against a network problem. Low CPU, low memory usage, plenty network bandwidth. The issue is present with and without HA.
On the LAN BTW.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The cameras are not on a separate network but I monitor my network and it's not even 10% saturated.
Also, displaying the camera's feed on the client simultaneously fixing the remote FPS would argue against a network problem. Low CPU, low memory usage, plenty network bandwidth. The issue is present with and without HA.
On the LAN BTW.
It may be not the network bandwidth. But it could be packet switching latency. What is your ping from the computer to the camera?

The difference between a NVR camera stream and one viewed in a web browser, the web browser buffers the video while the NVR drops the packets in attempt to stay in real time.

marzian

n3wb
Reaction score
It may be not the network bandwidth. But it could be packet switching latency. What is your ping from the computer to the camera?

The difference between a NVR camera stream and one viewed in a web browser, the web browser buffers the video while the NVR drops the packets in attempt to stay in real time.
I will check the ping but maybe I wasn't clear on the web/client issue. When the camera plays on the local client, that fixes the web FPS. Basically, when camera1 plays on BOTH simultaneously, both play at 15 FPS. When I shut down the client playing the camera locally, the web interface drops instantaneously to 1. Very counterintuitive and bizarr.