Pelco Cameras

darkorical

n3wb
Reaction score
My company recently upgraded to a new Pelco system and we are having several issues with it. This site doesn't list much about Pelco so does anyone have experience with it? or is this site focused more on small scale systems?

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
Pelco used to be a huge company but has declined over the past decade. They were spun out last year from a huge French company and recently acquired by Motorola, the American company that owns Avigilon.

If you are having issues with Pelco, I would recommend talking to the integrator involved, if there was one, or contact the Pelco regional sales manager for your area.

VideoQ

n3wb
Reaction score
My company recently upgraded to a new Pelco system and we are having several issues with it. This site doesn't list much about Pelco so does anyone have experience with it? or is this site focused more on small scale systems?
Pelco deals more with large industrial sort of setups. I do not know how the company is set up now after the events that have transpired as posted above.
You can get in touch with the technical support and may find some help. Though in my experience you have to keep pushing to get the answers you are looking for.
Especially with the new IP systems there is a LOT of technical information that is rapidly changing. Pelco (formerly shitter electric) has done a piss poor job of organizing everything so as I say you will have to fight a bit with tech support to get the answers you are looking for. Do post here however maybe some one can help you, and at least we will all learn something.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I sort of viewed Pelco as the Kodak of cameras. Great at one time but fell completely off the radar as tech progressed.

VideoQ

n3wb
Reaction score
It was a company like no other. A lot more info on IPVM about the history and some cool stories. Some of the long time employees from back in the day actually have a facebook group in which they keep in tough "Old School Pelco"

Reaction score
One of my last jobs at my old company was ripping out a pelco matrix and upgrading it to the pelco vx system.
Was a great 5 weeks of re routing cables, getting star cards to support different manufacturers ptz's. Using analogue decoders, swapping analogue for ip using ip miles so still utilising the coax. Installing new full ip cameras.

The vx in my eyes is a thing of beauty. It had its issues and 7 months down the line of a specific ptz issue pelco tech in America dialled in after UK tech told me I was the only one with this fault in the whole world! And informed me of a software issue they had also came across in the states. Software update sorted it but brought more little niggles

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I used to work for Pelco in Clovis CA and left when Schneider bought them and made the environment suck. Good luck. They’re hardly a contender anymore.

Reaction score
I used to work for Pelco in Clovis CA and left when Schneider bought them and made the environment suck. Good luck. They’re hardly a contender anymore.
Is that the offices next to an airport? As that's where they had the same issue I had with ptz control on the vx system at that airport