Pelco Sarix camera issue

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm trying to add a Pelco Sarix camera to Blue Iris. I came across this camera and it was given to me but I can't seem to get BI to add it successfully. Any tips for adding it would be appreciated.

Firmware Version:1.9.2.20-20140624-1.9261-O2.10565
Hardware Version:9261-O2.0-12297
Model Number:IM10C10

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm trying to add a Pelco Sarix camera to Blue Iris. I came across this camera and it was given to me but I can't seem to get BI to add it successfully. Any tips for adding it would be appreciated.

Firmware Version:1.9.2.20-20140624-1.9261-O2.10565
Hardware Version:9261-O2.0-12297
Model Number:IM10C10
The Sarix camera is listed in the BI dropdown list...also see this https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4099-How-to-add-camera-to-BI-that-is-not-in-the-drop-down-list

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman, I did find it in the dropdown list. The problem is that I can connect, configure and see the "live view" of the camera from the web browser connection and it stays available for as long as I have tried.

The issues start when I add it to BI using the Pelco/Sarix selection. Once added, the camera is added and the preview is okay but within 2 minutes after adding it, the camera drops and it says no signal. It just seems like BI can't stay connected to it.

WcaFo

n3wb
Reaction score
For any other poor soul who runs into this issue:

I had the same issue - contacted Blue Iris support (the free version, which basically means you can expect ~4 days for a reply for every email you send (as of Jan. 2022)).

After 3 weeks of back and forth with the support agent, he agreed with my diagnosis that the Pelco camera was shutting off the RTSP stream shortly after Blue Iris connects and the RTSP port could only be re-enabled by rebooting the camera and then sent me off to engineering. (Side note, the RTSP stream clearly works outside of Blue Iris as I was able to stream with VLC for over 30 hours straight with no issues.)

Engineering replied and basically said "Yup, that's what seems to be happening. You can either try turning off the option to send "keep alives", or contact Pelco for updated firmware."

I've tried turning off keep alives and am running the lastest firmware on the Pelco cameras (which are out of service life now), so I've concluded that either I will need different camera software, or different cameras.

TLDR: There's a good chance you can't connect older Pelco cameras to Blue Iris.