Periodic FTP Snapshot

WA3PNT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am converting from an analog system to an IP system.
I have purchased some Dahua IP Cameras from Andy, but have not purchased a NVR yet mainly because in reading the manuals for several NVRs I have not found one that will do the following, OR I'm not fully understanding the NVR capabilities.

Here is the requirement.
Once a minute, upload a Snapshot to a Weather Site.

I see where FTP uploads can be initiated by an alarm, but not where a recurring, scheduled upload can be configured.

What am I missing?

RodeoGeorge (The ancient Noob)

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi
I think you need external hardware such pc or raspberry pi running a script once a minute then send the snapshot to Weather Site
Taking snapshot with api:
Code:
cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi
On a web browser try: http://LOGIN:PASSWORD@CAMERA-IP/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi
so your script will take a snapshot then you need to send it to your Weather Site.

Hope it help you

WA3PNT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's what I'm beginning to think.
It's really ironic that a cheapo like a FOSCAM has a built-in FTP setup where a snapshot can be sent on a scheduled basis, but the HDBW5831R-ZE does not. Or at least I haven't found it yet.

Having to run a PC to do this is disheartening. I went the NVR route so that I did not have to keep a PC running 24/7.

Perhaps I can get WX Underground to pull the snapshot. I'll have to investigate a URL to do that. I have DynDns running, so access might not be a problem.

RodeoGeorge

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't have a HDBW5831R-ZE, but check Setup -> Destination and see if you can find FTP settings

dahua_ftp.png
then try to setup your ftp server

WA3PNT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't have a HDBW5831R-ZE, but check Setup -> Destination and see if you can find FTP settings

View attachment 26001
then try to setup your ftp server
Thanks for the reply.
I can setup the FTP Server. That is not my problem.
When the FTP is setup, the only time that I can see that a snapshot is sent is when there is an alarm.
I see no option to periodically send a snapshot.

RodeoGeorge

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right, no way to schedule.
The only way i will suggest is to take a raspberry PI (very low consumption compare to a pc) and write a script to take snapshot on a cron task.