Piggie back?

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an 8 channel nvr with 2 spots open. I have a chance to get a REV wireless setup with 8 cameras super cheap.

Can I piggy back the nvr on the REV nvr into an open port on existing system to add 8 cams theoretically ?

Just playing, but the REV system is less than $100. Down side, the REV isn't a poe.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
A couple of problems. Bandwidth and 8 is all the other NVR was set to run.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No. An NVR can only handle as many cameras as the NVR is rated for. Plus an NVR doesn't work like that to bring in another NVR.

If you want a VMS that can bring in two NVRs, that would be Blue Iris.

Given that wifi and surveillance cameras are not a good combination, I wouldn't waste your money unless it is strictly for wildlife or watching your pet.

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No. An NVR can only handle as many cameras as the NVR is rated for. Plus an NVR doesn't work like that to bring in another NVR.

If you want a VMS that can bring in two NVRs, that would be Blue Iris.

Given that wifi and surveillance cameras are not a good combination, I wouldn't waste your money unless it is strictly for wildlife or watching your pet.
That's cool. I thought so but wasn't sure. Thanks.

Dingoboy77

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an 8 channel nvr with 2 spots open. I have a chance to get a REV wireless setup with 8 cameras super cheap.

Can I piggy back the nvr on the REV nvr into an open port on existing system to add 8 cams theoretically ?

Just playing, but the REV system is less than $100. Down side, the REV isn't a poe.
How do you want to view the feeds? Since you are already using an NVR, you can easily have multiple NVR's feeding to the same monitor through the use of a KVM switch.

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do you want to view the feeds? Since you are already using an NVR, you can easily have multiple NVR's feeding to the same monitor through the use of a KVM switch.
Actually with my setup realized I can subnet the whole REV system since it would be area specific. Just need to sort the IP addresses. As for remote access, port assignment is all it takes.

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also have a chance to get an ADT system new at really dirt cheap. For a hobby it's fun.