Pinhole IP camera recommendation?

tmar89

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking around for a pinhole style IP camera that would be compatible with Blue Iris. I know I can find a few on Amazon but I'm not sure about these cameras having secure MP4 or MJPEG streams that I won't be able to tap into like some Zmodo security cameras do. Any recommendations would be helpful.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking around for a pinhole style IP camera that would be compatible with Blue Iris. I know I can find a few on Amazon but I'm not sure about these cameras having secure MP4 or MJPEG streams that I won't be able to tap into like some Zmodo security cameras do. Any recommendations would be helpful.
hikvision and dahua have some. Most have a large main control boxes though.
Separated Camera Network Camera - Hikvision
I think there is a small self contained hik or dahua that I have seen as well.

Reaction score
I got the one Dahua (Dahua IPC-HUM8230) in my signature, Hikvision makes one similar in size (I got the camera/lens but not the main box). I assume the Hikvision camera isnt pin-compatible to the Dahua box since I can't find any wiring pinouts for it anywhere I wasnt willing to risk it.

Be aware low-light performance is pretty bad. Also the box and camera are connected via a cable that's at least 10 feet long, which I only mention in case it wouldn't be convenient to locate the Main box that far from the camera (for example if you were hoping to put it in a wall box or door).