Pink image

mewop

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had trouble with one of my cameras. I have a pink image during the day. I read this is a filter that moves in front of the lens at night and it is not moving out for day mode. If I trigger night and day several times it will go away but it is starting to not want to toggle any longer. It is a nice b5442-ze camera that was pricy for me. It is pretty new- I got from Andy's Amazon store August last year. Any thoughts on how to fix?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would try a reboot and see if that initial startup kicks it loose or knocks away whatever is causing it to hang.

mewop

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah reboot doesn't seem to effect it only if you manually trigger night mode then back to day

Nolesfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have ran into this issue when the iris of a camera goes bad.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
sounds like photocell is the problem, because ir filter mechanic seems to work (because it can switch it when manual go night/day)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
sounds like photocell is the problem, because ir filter mechanic seems to work (because it can switch it when manual go night/day)
That would make it stay in either day mode or night mode with a normal image for the mode - but would not give the pink daytime image that's an indication of the IR cut filter staying open.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson

but why can it still move ?? he said when he switch to night mode manual and then to daymode the ir filter is close. makes no sense to me... the camera firmware just do the same thing controlled by photocell state (in auto mode)?

Last edited:

mewop

n3wb
Reaction score
Sometimes the IR cut filters just stick a bit, but not all the time.
So switching modes gives it a little kick that can can move it around.
This seems to be the case. Just not sure what to do about it :/

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
The symptoms sound exactly like a stuck IR filter. Others have been confronted with this - do your research here, some folks even posted instructions & pics.

I had good luck with silicon. Of course, you need to disassemble the cam enclosure, something best done on a workbench and not a ladder! Yes, butterfly wings.

iveco300

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ciao a me la stessa cosa è successa solo che si è fermato con il filtro chiuso, quindi immagini normali durante il giorno ma nessun infrarosso di notte