Pinout for SV3C SD8POE-5MP-HX RJ45

Antisocial

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, and thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide. I did not protect the camera's RJ45 connection well enough from the elements, so it corroded and needs to be replaced.

I searched the internet and cannot find an RJ45 pinout that matches the color of the wires on my camera.

The camera is a SV3C PTZ camera with POE ethernet capability.

The ethernet wires are:

White-Blue
Blue
White-Green
Green
Black
Brown
Purple
Yellow

I purchased these AMPCOM CAT6 Tool-Less RJ45 UTP Keystone Jack to punch down the wires, but I need to match the wires from the camera to the standard convention.

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nfamos1

n3wb
Reaction score
When you snipped off the female end to the camera, did you save the piece? You can strip off the cable sheathing and trace the wire connections to the jack. Otherwise, I'd contact SV3C for a diagram.

Antisocial

n3wb
Reaction score
When you snipped off the female end to the camera, did you save the piece? You can strip off the cable sheathing and trace the wire connections to the jack. Otherwise, I'd contact SV3C for a diagram.
Hi nfamos1. I did save the female end, but I cannot test the connections because the corrosion is so bad that a few of the pins fell out when I disconnected the network cable. I will take your suggestion and contact SV3C, thanks.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow. I love newbies that don't appreciate solid advice that can prevent the failure you experienced. Actually, repairing the SV3Cisn't worth the time in the first place.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess you forum name is truly descriptive of what you are. Thankfully, the forum has an ignore button which makes it easy it drop people like you.

Replacing a connector on a cheap, subpar camera may seem like a reasonable thing to do but amounts to a total waste of time considering the "quality" of SV3C. Junk is junk, no two ways around that.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Troll? What an ungrateful
Wow. It didn't take long for the trolls to start. I searched quite a bit before posting to ask for help. I found a ton of pinouts for cameras that don't have the same color code as the one I am trying to fix.

Before being an asshat, perhaps you could actually try to help someone. Clearly you don't know the answer either or you would have posted that instead of trying to make yourself feel better by pointing out the obvious.
Wow, sorry you had to get out of your safe space.

Antisocial

n3wb
Reaction score
Troll? What an ungrateful

Wow, sorry you had to get out of your safe space.
looney2ns, I owe you an apology. I just read your initial post and now realize that you posted a link to a part of the forum with helpful information, which I did read when you first posted. I now see that the part of your post I took offense to is your signature, not your message which may seem insignificant to you, but when I read it, I took it out of context and considered it a "RTFM" reply. I apologize for my hasty and rude reply.

Antisocial

n3wb
Reaction score
OK. For what it's worth, I received a response from SV3C. They basically said to match blue to orange and green to green.

The following is the wiring scheme, you can refer to:

Camera > Network cable
Blue and white > Orange and white
blue > orange
green white > green white
green > green
This this means that the Black, Brown, Purple, and Yellow wires are not used. I replied asking them to confirm.

Following T568A I connected the wires as follows:

CameraNetwork JackPin
White/GreenWhite/Green1
GreenGreen2
White/BlueWhite/Orange3
BlueOrange6
This resulted in the camera powering up, but not establishing a network connection. Figuring I can't make things worse; I tried connecting the wires using T568B, but this yielded a camera that didn't power up.

So, either the camera is beyond fixing with a simple end replacement, or those other 4 wires are needed. I will post the response when I receive it from SV3C.

UPDATE:
I received a response from SV3C confirming that the other 4 wires are not used.

Yes, only need to connect four wires. the Black, Brown, Purple, and Yellow wires are not used.

The purple line is the line of the Ethernet port LED indicator, the yellow and black/brown parallel is used for reset. None of this is needed.

Last edited:

Tmillar07

n3wb
Reaction score
if you have not been able to connect this camera to ethernet, please respond, i will send you picture of my cable. oem connectors have been cut off, and then crimped an rj45 on. connects to network just fine. the extra 4 wires are for reset and ethernet led.

Antisocial

n3wb
Reaction score
if you have not been able to connect this camera to ethernet, please respond, i will send you picture of my cable. oem connectors have been cut off, and then crimped an rj45 on. connects to network just fine. the extra 4 wires are for reset and ethernet led.
Thank you Tmillar07. I have not been able to connect this camera to ethernet. Your help is much appreciated.