PIR question.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you wire 2 pir's together to increase coverage if needed. Just wanting a trigger for one side of the house. Was curious if it is possible.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've done a pretty good job of fine tuning Blue Iris to filter out sun/cloud changes, bugs, rain, etc.. I'm still not 100% with it. Thought I was about there and light changes drove my wife ip the wall with alerts. 2 on front, 2 on back, and 1 on the ends would cover me just fine. Will have to buy a Dahua starlight bullet to give me 2 more alarms I guess.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On a good note. My system ran some updates and I think it updated my graphics drivers. The ones I had to force install to stop the memory leak. So far memory is holding strong at 1.3gb for 5 cams.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I bought the Bosch Pir's. I'll make them sum biatches waterproof somehow and place under the gutter where I can. My little brick rancher is only 37'x28'. So theoretically 1 on each side should provide coverage if centered. May look for 2 waterproof ones that are out of underneath the eaves. Thoughts?

hotwire

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A word of caution, I've ordered from them and they sent the package to the wrong address. They were zero help in resolving the problem. Package was sent to Avenue instead of Street and the wrong zip code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
FYI PIRs are great, but outside, they are not necessarily the end all be all, adjust expectations accordingly. They should be a lot better though, however I am running zone crossing on a turret outside that almost never gets a false alarm.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm still tinkering with bi and sensitivity settings. Also have a spider setting things off since early this morning. That didn't help.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
FYI PIRs are great, but outside, they are not necessarily the end all be all, adjust expectations accordingly. They should be a lot better though, however I am running zone crossing on a turret outside that almost never gets a false alarm.
If I can tune to cover most of the area with the pir's and fill in where needed with some less sensitive zones I'd be happy. I am slowly working out the kinks. Then a day hits that just throws it all out the window. Lol

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.