PIR sensor

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys

My blue iris with sentry AI hasn't been able to get me to a 0 false positive rate. Hence I think I want to introduce a PIR sensor into the mix with both talking to maybe a raspberry PI machine and when it sees both detecting a human that's when i should get and alert and be woken up at night. Can anybody recommend a good PIR sensor for this purpose

Thanks

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has done this. I found this and it looks promising.

I personally use ring alarm with their motion sensors. I have the motion sensor setup to tell alexa what i want it to say. For example from 12 to 5 am if the sensor in the back yard senses motion alexa will say there is someone on the patio. I have one in the garage that will have alexa say there is someone in the garage. The ring motion sensor can be used how ever you want. I put one in the refrigerator and when my better half opened the door, the echo dot in the kitchen said, someone is eating again and no your butt does not look big in those pajama. I had to replace that sensor, it somehow ended up broken on the floor. :)
If you get it to work share your setup would be nice to see how it comes out. Good luck!

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
@djernie how are you putting up with false alerts (if any) on the Ring Motion sensors? Have you considered tinkering more on Blue Iris?

Not sure if anyone has done this. I found this and it looks promising.

I personally use ring alarm with their motion sensors. I have the motion sensor setup to tell alexa what i want it to say. For example from 12 to 5 am if the sensor in the back yard senses motion alexa will say there is someone on the patio. I have one in the garage that will have alexa say there is someone in the garage. The ring motion sensor can be used how ever you want. I put one in the refrigerator and when my better half opened the door, the echo dot in the kitchen said, someone is eating again and no your butt does not look big in those pajama. I had to replace that sensor, it somehow ended up broken on the floor. :)
If you get it to work share your setup would be nice to see how it comes out. Good luck!