Pixelation triggering motion

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I have two separate cameras that become pixelated at times and appear to go from light to dark and trigger motion. I understand why it’s being triggered, what could I do to stop it? On one of the cameras, the pixelation also causes an IVS trigger. Is this Dahua related and/or a BI issue? Operator error likely lol?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Operator error likely LOL.

Post screenshots of your camera settings.

More than likely it is something on auto or too big of a range of gain and maybe VBR instead of CBR

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ll post my settings. This was a motion event. Look below the truck on the left and below the garage door. 1/2 the image became pixelated upon the motion trigger. Like a pixelated wave that caused the event on two different cameras. I’ve always used CBR. My sizes are all around 3-400.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How are you viewing - via UI3 or the BI console or the App?

Bitrates should be around 4096 for 2MP cams and 8192 for 4MP cams

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Viewing in the app. Both the motion and IVS events (with nothing else in view) have this pixelation during the triggers. I first noticed with a cloud/shadow. These few events were on clear days. I’ll definitely check my bitrates and post settings when I get home.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Upon further review, I’m an idiot. The app is lagging I guess? The pixelation coincides with clouds passing over. I changed the “reset sensor when object exceeds X amount” as per another ipcamtalk thread. Changed the setting to 35%.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I was going to say that was probably lagging as the app will use lower resolution substream.

I don't use the reset sensor option of object moves X number of pixels as those are to knock out false triggers, so if at some point you are missing triggers, look at turning those off.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will. I’ve found myself missing different triggers that should’ve been apparent and will go back to what I’ve done in the last day or two. I’ll definitely keep an eye on these.