pixels and bit rate

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am confused about what is happening to the pixels and bit rate when i display live feeds. If i run something like SmartPSS on my computer (ex main stream) from one camera full screen on a 1080P monitor, i see a bit rate (ex 1900 kbps) and a resolution of 1080P. when i reduce it to 1/4 screen, with the others with no feed (black), i see the same bit rate and 1080P. This has to be wrong, as 1/4 of a 1080P screen is not 1080. Is the computer still getting that full bit stream and resolution, but then deleting 3 out of 4 pixels, or is something else going on?

The CPU usage for the app seems to almost remain unchanged, perhaps 6.5% at full screen and 6% at 1/4 screen.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
AFAIK with SmartPSS, it continues to pull the same stream from the camera no matter what you set the view to. Otherwise you'd see the camera feed go blank for a second or two every time it switched between pulling the main stream to pulling a sub stream.

My guess is that it's just shrinking the main stream down to fit in the smaller window.