Pizza guy stalked by bandits

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
That is pretty cute. But it does look like the raccoons got stiffed. I'll bet they'd like some pizza!

A few nights ago I went out back of the plant where I work to put some empty chemical bags in the dumpster. It's dark out there, and I couldn't see inside of the dumpster. As I was taking the bags out of a trash can and stuffing them into the dumpster, I could hear some rumbling that seemed odd, then I felt something squeeze between my chest and the dumpster. Then another and another, squeezing down past my belly. It sort of spooked me at first, and I let out a bit of a girly scream before I realized that a troop of raccoons was making its hasty escape from the dumpster, and taking the route between me and the dumpster as the fastest path out of there.

The bags had aluminum sulfate in them, and the dust is sort of nasty. It makes sulfuric acid when it comes into contact with water, so eyes, lungs, and any mucous membranes sting when you get a dose. So I suspect they were not happy with the effects of that or having empty bags thrown in on them as they were snoozing or trying to find something to eat. I've been looking in with a flashlight the last few nights!