PLA related question, can't get over 15fps?

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just got the TP-LINK 200mbps PLA adapters. They pair and work very easy, however I can't seem to get any better bandwidth out of them compared to my wifi. my FPS won't go over 15 with these whereas with the wifi earlier today I was getting 20 which is what I have it set as max...

any ideas?

current settings are 1080p with "highest" setting @ 20fps. same thing as I had on the wifi which worked fine...

BI shows bitrate at around 500, with 4096 being set on the camera (again, same as previous settings)

Thanks!

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
are your BI services still running on WiFi?
yes, but it was running on wifi an hour ago when I had 20fps too lol (and that's on a 5ghz network which is empty in my area. It's also 10 feet from the router across the computer room)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Plug it in to the wired network and report back.

Just because you dont see other wireless networks does not imply the spectrum is "empty" by any means... I dont see "Kenmore Elite Microwave Oven" show up as a wireless network when I am cooking some pizza rolls.

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Plug it in to the wired network and report back.

Just because you dont see other wireless networks does not imply the spectrum is "empty" by any means... I dont seen "Kenmore Elite Microwave Oven" show up as a wireless network when I am cooking some pizza rolls.
ok ok fine. let me plug it in lol

just fyi, the geeya 801c is still at 20fps which is also wired in :p

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes but WiFi is even less appropriate for a NVR than it is a camera; its bandwidth requirements are inherently much higher... and Wireless throughput will fluctuate over time, its not constant even between two fixed points.

so before we even start looking at the PLA throughput we need to take wireless entirely out of the equation or else you wont know where the bottleneck is.

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes but WiFi is even less appropriate for a NVR than it is a camera; its bandwidth requirements are inherently much higher... and Wireless throughput will fluctuate over time, its not constant even between two fixed points.

so before we even start looking at the PLA throughput we need to take wireless entirely out of the equation or else you wont know where the bottleneck is.
plugged it in, fps went to 20 in 5-10 mins... unplugged it and fps stayed at 20... oh well.

tomorrow I should have a cable come in long enough that I can plug the computer in directly to the router. right now I don't have one that reaches it unless I take the one from geeya which it really needs lol.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
on windows I find you got to disable the Wifi when you plug it in or else it will keep connections alive on the wireless.. with WiFi enabled and wired at the same time there is no telling which connection it will use.

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
on windows I find you got to disable the Wifi when you plug it in or else it will keep connections alive on the wireless.. with WiFi enabled and wired at the same time there is no telling which connection it will use.
yeah I usually unplug the wifi dongle when I switch over just to make sure