Placement of cameras

winderic

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, bought couple dahua turret 5442, 5541 cameras and now looking for location for it. I wanted to mount it under eave but realised last couple of heavy rain downpour had caused some overflow on gutter and wetted the eave soffit board. Would it still be safe to mount under eave board?

Or should I get a wall mount instead? I know the camera come with water proof cap for the network port but is that enough to protect the camera?

Or would a junction box help in anyway?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

AILATI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
in Tutti i Casi l'Acqua e nemica della Corrente, l'umidità nel tempo potrebbe risultare fatale per la Fotocamera o per Qualsiasi Dispositivo Elettronico, la telecamera gode della tenuta stagna quindi non dovrebbero Esserci Problemi.

Proteggi i cavi e il connettore Rj45 All'interno di Una scatola giunzione o Una cassetta una tenuta stagna e non Avrai Problemi, se USI La Scatola giunzione del produttore Dahua E meglio per l'Aspetto esteriore della casa.

ciao

Reaction score
Hi all, bought couple dahua turret 5442, 5541 cameras and now looking for location for it.
My house would be perfect for them.

All kidding aside, you would be better off using a waterproof junction box, on soffit or wall. Make sure you test the location first by mounting the cam on a test rig as described in the Cliff Notes. Make sure the location's view is what you need BEFORE you run wires or mount cam.

winderic

n3wb
Reaction score
My house would be perfect for them.

All kidding aside, you would be better off using a waterproof junction box, on soffit or wall. Make sure you test the location first by mounting the cam on a test rig as described in the Cliff Notes. Make sure the location's view is what you need BEFORE you run wires or mount cam.
I am guessing Junction box would be the pfa130-e?

Yeah, pretty much know where I want it just matter of pulling cable to test it.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Run a temporary cable and test it before going through the trouble of pulling a cable for real. With a test rig you can get the location pretty much exact BEFORE finding out you're two bays of studs off with your installation.