Placement suggestion for side of house

intotech

n3wb
Reaction score
Would appreciate any assistance with camera placement for the side of my home

I was thinking the hik turrets 4mm to help cover this area.

As you can see there are two windows then a door leading to back of garage. I have both pictures covering both angles and also the side walkway leading to driveway for your viewing.

For the garage was thinking to have a camera in the garage covering the door.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Thank you!

Attachments

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
All depends on what you want to accomplish. You could mount 3 cameras - two under the eaves on the house at each corner, one under eave in the walkway facing out - which would get people coming and going from all angles.

intotech

n3wb
Reaction score
Mainly looking to cover the side window/walkways.

If I understand have two cameras at the corner eave (near the door) and have one pointing at the walkway and other facing towards the side of the house?

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is possible too get a aerial picture of the property and mark on it the locations of the pictures taken with direction of shot?

The sides of the house should be ok with a 4mm.

The long thin walkway area (img4380) I would look at a 6 or an 8mm maybe. But this would depend on the mounting location. Another photo looking back the otherway would be good.

Why are you not placing a cameras to cover your drive/carport area first?

intotech

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks here is the otheside of the walkway - will upload aerial shortly.

For the driveway I figured to have on 4mm turret pointed on the driveway from the eave. Its the side of the house got me scratching my head but like the idea of covering the walkway with a 6mm