Playback from NFS not working

egrimisu

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Model DH-IPC-HFW3541T-ZS-S2
Firmware V3.140.0000000.3.R, Build Date: 2023-11-21 (latest)

Having issue with the playback on this dahua ip camera
The IP camera has been configured to record all types of events to a NFS server. NFS servers protocol version is 3.0 as required by a DAHUA IP camera. The NFS share has been configured with read/write permissions. The IP camera is able to correctly write the files to the NFS server. Using the DMSS iPhone application (latest version installed from AppStore), when clicking on playback the records are loaded (the blue progress bar is filling as content is read from the share), unfortunately the playback does not work, the error "Connection failed" is displayed on the screen. SmartPSS which is installed on a computer was used but the behavior was the same.
I own multiple Dahua IP camera which were bought in 2019 and 2020, all of those camera work as expected.

The tests were ran on my local network, no firewall is installed and the DMSS application is connecting to the cameras using local IP. P2P was testes as well but playback was not working.

The setup is used without an NVR.

Thank you in advance!

sergiy0

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello I'm suffering from same issue. In my case using latest firmware V2.820.0000000.60.R.231021 and playback not working neither. Same setup like you NFS recording on a NAS where playbacks were working before upgrading the firmware.

Anyone has found a workaround? I tried downgrading one of the cameras but I bricked it so i'm very worried of doing more tests...