Playback not working on SmartPSS/DMSS after upgrading IPC-HFW2431T-ZS-S2

sergiy0

n3wb
Reaction score
Camera model: IPC-HFW2431T-ZS-S2
Firmware: V2.820.0000000.60.R.231021
Recording Storage: NAS (NFS)
Issue: After upgrading FW playback stopped working (SmartPSS/DMSS)

Hello guys,

Last week I did an error when I decided to try the auto-upgrade on my bullet cameras through the Web interface (I thought an upgrade would improve or add more features. That was not the case).

After upgrading to "DH_IPC-HX2XXX-Molec_MultiLang_PN_V2.820.0000000.60.R.231021" now I found a problem when trying to playback.

From SmartPSS I can get the green timeline but when trying to play the playback it says "Failed to start playback. Failed to get data". No problems for the Live view.
From DMSS (on Android or iPhone) I'm experiencing the same behaviour. Live view OK, playback says: "Connection failed".

Must be something related with the Firmware because after trying to downgrade one of the cameras with a previous FW I found somewhere on the internet, I bricked it. Then I replaced it with a new one from Amazon with an older firmware and I don't have any issues with the playbacks.

What could I do to fix this? The only way to play DAV files is by opening them in SmartPSS from my NAS (NFS Storage). I have now 6 cameras with a newer firmware bugged and 1 camera with an older firmware working properly.

Thank you in advance for some help or advice :)

Last edited:

Jaykay

n3wb
Reaction score
I have this same issue on a different camera. Have tried several things to solve still not working.

HDW3849H-AS-PV-S3
new firmware: v2.840.R.20231221

Looks to be the same firmware date as yours but a different camera.

everything worked fine on DMSS app before upgrade.
post upgrade -- Live view on P2P still fine. I get notifications via p2p (intrusion-human) fine.
Clicking the notification always gets error Connection failed
playback 95% of the time failed. Connection failed.

Sorry no help here!