playback of multiple clips simultaneously?

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Is it possible to play back multiple clips at the same time? When I have an event that is captured by several cameras, I find myself reviewing each camera separately but I would like to view them simultaneously to compare. I opened the camera group that got triggered and captured video, but I can only get one of the 4 clips to play at one time (by selecting that camera). How do I play multiple clips simultaneously? Thanks!

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
use the timeline at the bottom. the controls are a bit goofy, i think, but it can play back multiple cams...

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm replying to this thread mainly to help me and other users out there that can never remember how to play multiple clips concurrently. This is how it is done:
  1. With the timeline view showing at the bottom of Blue Iris, choose the camera group that shows all the possible cameras that you wish to play concurrently
  2. Use the timeline to scroll through to the date and time you wish to play
  3. Double click the space just before the clips you wish to play and the clips should start to play (if they were triggered to record)
As a suggestion to the software developer, you might want to add a little pop-up when you hover the mouse over the timeline that says something like "Double click to play multiple clips" (similar to how "Play", "Pause", "and "Step Backward", etc pop-up when you hover over those buttons).

Reactions: RJF