playing recorded clips cause BI V5 to freeze

kailibuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
just upgraded from V4 to V5 and noticed this problem.

already tried to repair/regenerate databse. still happening, not sure what to do from here.

kailibuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
just upgraded from V4 to V5 and noticed this problem.

already tried to repair/regenerate databse. still happening, not sure what to do from here.
resolved, by turning off "smart codec" on my Amcrest POE camera. BI seems to have trouble with recording stream encoded by this "smart codec".

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
resolved, by turning off "smart codec" on my Amcrest POE camera. BI seems to have trouble with recording stream encoded by this "smart codec".
This was always the case, in v4 and v5. This is because blue iris needs a keyframe rate of at least .50 preferably 1.00 (as explained in the help file). Smart codecs use dynamic keyframes and thus could result in a key frame rate of .10 or lower....

kailibuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
in V4 I noticed sometime I lost camera streaming but didn't have trouble playing video clips. Glad there's a reason behind this.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
in V4 I noticed sometime I lost camera streaming but didn't have trouble playing video clips. Glad there's a reason behind this.
You may have simply not noticed it on the clips you happened to play...with a dynamic iframe sometimes it can get to a range where its not noticeable..