Please don't flame me! Anything better than the Dahua app?

Soundchasr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just had a Dahua NVR and 5 cameras installed around my vacation home. Previously, I had Blink cameras.
I like being able to quickly look at motion events to see what has been happening when I'm away (deliveries, contractors, etc.).
With Blink it gave a list of "events" for all cameras and I just picked the one I wanted to watch.
With the Dahua app I don't see any way to show the events for all cameras (I have to pull each camera) and it seems way more cumbersome just getting around. The timeline is really difficult to maneuver.
I could be missing something (I just started using it) but if there is a better alternative I'd like to know.

Appreciate any help.

PS - I bought the cameras based on recommendations from here and I have to say I'm happy with them!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using the newest DMSS app? I havent really messed with it a lot but seems to me you can view just events without using the timeline...

Soundchasr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm using the new DMSS app. There is a way to list motion clips but:
1. It doesn't list by the actual time (see below).
2. It can only show one camera at a time so there's no way to see all motion events.

Screenshot_20201121-154338.jpg

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I just played with it again pretty easy actually. Another way to do it..

Go to playback
In the middle of that screen choose the date and recording type
At top right on main playback screen click on the weird little icon and choose which camera
Then hit start playback

It will run through each event for that camera for that day (or with the timeline you can nudge it forward)

283468B5-22A0-4569-9D39-466CD22CB695.png

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
...AND Im glad I tried that little exercise as playing with test cameras the past week that one had inadvertently been switched to "Auto" exposure,... thus the blur. Glad I caught it. Normally that camera runs Custom Range 0-8.33ms (1/120)

Soundchasr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Screenshot_20201121-165200.jpg

Mine is only showing one at a time. See how the rest of the cameras are showing night.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If you choose Events only (in your case Motion") then you will only get Motion events. The other cameras didnt all have events at the same time. Rarely will they unless like my driveway example you have crossing cameras with tripwires.

If you want to view all cameras simultaneously and synchronized you would choose "ALL"

Last edited:

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi,

Have you guys found how to enable autoplay favorite list or last played upon start of the app, like in the gDMSS/iDMSS?

Today I use gDMSS when I want to quickly check what's going on, for replays DMSS is easier.

Thanks
Daniel

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Nope, it seems that function was lost in the new version.

Ironic that it was the only functionality that actually worked as intended in the last version, and with the latest version it’s missing. At least they fixed review/playback ....

In 2024 they’ll get both working .... in the same app..... maybe