Please Help A Rookie - Dahua LPR - IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E - Settings

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I want to first thank everyone that shares so much knowledge on this forum. I am a rookie when it comes to the IP Cam world and spending time on this website has helped immensely. I just purchased cameras from Empire Andy and finished the installation on my home. Learning how to wire up RJ45s and setting up cameras has been quite the learning curve for me. I have all my cameras in place and trying to sort out what to do with the Dahua IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E. It is currently paired with a DHI-NVR5216-16P-4KS2E NVR running version V4.001.0000007.1, Build Date: 08-27-2021I keep looking for some of the settings I see other people changing such as shutter speed, gain, etc and have not been able to find them in the settings. I've googled and youtubed other peoples settings but can't make all the same changes to figure it out. If anyone has any insight on where I can find that information or would be willing to share information with me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

I've included some screenshots of my setup, cameras, and settings for the LPR.

Software Version.png

Stream Settings.png

Camera Settings 1.png

Camera Settings 2.png

Camera Settings 3.png

Camera View.png

16 Cam View.png

Reaction score
It appears you are attempting to change the cam settings from within the NVR. While I do not use an NVR, I have seen several postings here that say not to do that. They say to use a browser, the current one being EDGE for these newer firmware.

I use Edge and have no issues with changing the settings.

It looks like you are talking about the night time settings for LPR. You could start with mine below and go from there.

LPR-W Night Settings 1-9-21.JPG

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 above!

The best way is to get into the camera GUI. To get into the camera GUI, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

1642813307223.png

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the replies everyone. I’ll look into the browser options. I’m a Mac user so hopefully one of those browsers work for me lol. I did read one of your threads BigRedFish and apparently didn’t comprehend what you meant by doing it from a browser. I got off of my NVR that’s connected to a monitor and went to my laptop to login from a “browser.” Haha rookie move.