Please help! Advanced (?) scheduling question

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 4 cameras (3 outdoor, 1 indoor).

I also have 3 profile setup. Day, Night, and Bus Stop

Day has a different threshold than night and different areas enabled on the cameras to eliminate false alarms. Bus Stop is a continuous recording between 6:45am -7:15am, and 2:30pm - 3:00pm for 2 of the out door cameras.

The indoor camera is a new addition. I would like it to NOT record when my wife and I are home. Oh, I also have geofencing setup. We only get notified if we're both away from the house.

How do I setup the indoor camera to only record when we're away (outside of the geofence)?

Thanks,
Jason

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@jasong127 ,
There are a number of was to accomplish your goal..It becomes complex because you essentially want the geofence to only affect the indoor camera and the outdoor schedule to remain the same..
Here is one option...
In the schedule aside from the 8 profiles you can also setup presets...the geofence can control the presets as well as the profiles..
Create a preset called home - in addition to your current preset..
setup another 3 profiles called Day-home, Night-home, busstop-home..set them exactly the same as the original 3...times, record settings, motion settings etc
Then disable the indoor camera during these profiles, so for example of they are 5,6,7 in the cameras general tab uncheck those profiles..NOTE:if you dont want the camera streaming live video, remember to go to camera properties > schedule tab and uncheck "continue to display and stream while inactive"
Then go to the geofence settings and only check the set schedule box (set it to the home preset for enter geofence and your other preset for exit) AND "only if all devices are inside/outside"

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here's what I did:

- 2 Presets: Home, Away (deleted default)
- Home preset has 2 profiles (Day-Home, Night-Home). I deleted the others I had to simplify the initial configuration.
- Away preset has same 2 profiles, but named Away.
- In Geofence, I set it up so that when we're both away, the Away preset is selected. However, it never works. I tested it by even making it switch if we're home. If I go to the settings and select the Away preset and hit ok, it will manually change.

So the problem seems that Geofencing is not taking control of my presets. Most likely I'm missing something here...

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here's what I did:

- Home preset has 2 profiles (Day-Home, Night-Home). I deleted the others I had to simplify the initial configuration.
- In Geofence, I set it up so that when we're both away, the Away preset is selected. However, it never works. I tested it by even making it switch if we're home. If I go to the settings and select the Away preset and hit ok, it will manually change.

So the problem seems that Geofencing is not taking control of my presets. Most likely I'm missing something here...

I've tried to get geofence to work since it came out. No luck here.

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Geofence works great for us... as far as turning on and off the push notifications. We don't want notifications when we're home, and it works great for that. I did learn the trick (on Android) is to set the radius to the maximum allowable. After doing that, works great (except for not switching schedule presets)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's what I did:

post images of your geofence setup...

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Geofence works great for us... as far as turning on and off the push notifications. We don't want notifications when we're home, and it works great for that. I did learn the trick (on Android) is to set the radius to the maximum allowable. After doing that, works great (except for not switching schedule presets)
Are you saying it doesn't work to switch presets? That is what I have been trying to make work.

Caspy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is great.. i always wondered how this worked.. now i know and a big thx for sharing your info... my thoughts are now is how to set up a home / away schedule

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, last night I rebooted the computer and when we left, everything kicked in properly. I already had the latest updates, so not sure what happened here??? Anyway, works great! Installed a 6tb drive to I could setup Triggered + Continuous recordings.

Caspy: Under schedule, add a Home and Away preset. Then under profiles, I created 4. Home-Day, Home-Night, Away-Day, Away-Night.

The day and night profiles have different areas highlighted as well as changed from Color + Brightness, to just Brightness to trigger them.

Hope that helps!

Caspy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok thx for the tips

Here is what i have set up for one camera and one iphone 5 (untested)

2 Schedules: Geofence Home, Geofence Away
2 Profiles: Geo Home, Geo Away
2 sets of presets one for home and one for away

when i enter the Geofence it should be on Geofence Home / Geo Home / Preset set 1
when i exit the Geofence it should be on Geofence Away / Geo away / Preset set 2

Geofence set to 400m and update notifications set to on (iphone 5s)

Enter Geofence

Exit Geofence

Your thoughts and advice please..

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Caspy,
You dont need separate presets for a basic setup like that...it just complicates things...
Also note that you have the profile change set to temp...that should be set to hold if you want to keep that profile until you leave or manually change it...

Last edited by a moderator:

Caspy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cheers for the tip on the temp / hold thing.. i had and stil have no idea what its for but changing it seemed to work.. Did a quick test this morning when dropping th kids off at school.. all seemed to work as its ment.. changed to away when i left and to home when i got back.. just need to tidy up the settings and we should be good to go.