Please help.. alert issues...

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am wanting to delay the “on alert” functionality. I understand I can delay the “alerts” but this stops alerts from showing up in the list hence defeating the point.

I have 4 cameras on my front yard currently, they are in a group called “front”. Often, when a person walks from one side of the yard to the other, it will trigger all 4 cameras and generate 4 push notifications. It gets especially annoying when someone spends a bit of time out the front i.e. the kids playing for 5-10 minutes or so.

The way I’d love to see it work is, I can say, only send X ON ALERT per X seconds. In my case, I only want to get ONE actual alert sent to my devices every 120 seconds from ALL of the cameras...

I want alerts to still show up in the alerts panel, but simply not to trigger the “on alert" function which is currently configured to send a pushover notification.

If I use the existing delays of alerts and group functions, yes, it works great, but any further alerts or motion detections (people being detected using deepstack for example) will not show up in the list at all, essentially making those alerts ‘gone’.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What about this BI's "Help" under "Cameras" => "Alerts"?

"The Minimum time between alerts is used simply to reduce the number of consecutive alerts. Following an alert, you may not be interested in receiving alerts in quick succession as motion and triggering continue."

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What about this BI's "Help" under "Cameras" => "Alerts"?

"The Minimum time between alerts is used simply to reduce the number of consecutive alerts. Following an alert, you may not be interested in receiving alerts in quick succession as motion and triggering continue."
Yes you would think that is what I am after. However, when activated it also stops sending alerts to the AI, this defeating the point. It also stops alerts from
Showing up hence any alerts during that time are like they never occurred