Please Help Controlling LTS profile Brightness with BI4

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This has probably been asked before but maybe not in thesame way. I finally decided to use white light daytime mode with no IR on mycarport cam for both day and night. It is an LTS Platinum CMIP1142W-28 runningthrough a TP-LINK TL-SF-1008P Switch to my BI4 computer. All I want to do nowis adjust the brightness between night and daytime. If I use the same settingsit will be too dark at night or too bright during the day. I tried setting theschedule up via BI4 PZT control but it just uses the last brightness setting andwon’t change when I manually select night/day profiles.
One clue maybe is in BI4 video setup for that camera, the Find/Inspectsays it’s a Generic RTSP H.264/MJPG/MPEG4. And under PZT control I enablepan/tilt/zoom and other controls but it doesn’t seem to know what camerainformation to put in the pulldown next to network IP.
I saw the curl thread but had trouble with a missing dllfile so I baled. I’m not sure if that is the correct route anyway.
I hope this makes sense, thanks for any help.

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
PS, by white light mode I mean motion lights at night and natural light during the day. I found IR at night was washing out the faces when the motion light triggered. In daytime mode with the brightness up it seemed to work better. I'm slowly figuring it out....I think. :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
PS, by white light mode I mean motion lights at night and natural light during the day. I found IR at night was washing out the faces when the motion light triggered. In daytime mode with the brightness up it seemed to work better. I'm slowly figuring it out....I think. :)
if you simply want to adjust brightness/contrast/gain/shutter, blue iris an do this for you under the event schedule in the cameras schedule tab..you can set it relative to sunrise sunset so it will adjust throughout the year.

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman. That's what I was thinking too. Do I have to wait for the actual day/night changeover before making the adjustments or can I manually change the profile to effect changes? I seems like the changes aren't saves when I manually go back to day or night profile.
~

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman. That's what I was thinking too. Do I have to wait for the actual day/night changeover before making the adjustments or can I manually change the profile to effect changes? I seems like the changes aren't saves when I manually go back to day or night profile.
~
It doesnt change by profile, it changes when the event occurs which is the time change...you dont even have to overide your global schedule or set profiles...simply set the change to occur at every profile..set one for morning one for evening both relative to sunrise sunset for each change your want brightness/gain etc.

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok thanks, so that's that the event schedule is for. I appreciate the help.

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wonder if these PTZ errors are happening because of my event schedule? Iris Errors.JPG