Please help - IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE-0360B

Dave82

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So i have had my system running fine for a few months now and haven't had a hick up since I got it all sorted.

Just the other day a new modem rocked up from my NBN service provider and they changed the service so that my old modem could no longer be used.

It was just meant to be a case of plug and play so they said.

This has totally wrecked my home network as it went from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.245 and now all my addresses are 10.0.0.1 to 10.0.0.245. I have however got everything to work as it should, everything except I can now no longer find my cams.

Every PC that I had set with a static IP address changed and had to be redone but now I just have no idea how to locate my cameras on the network. The cameras came in the box as 192.168.1.108 and were changed 192.168.1.130 and 131 respectively. I can now no longer find them via any web portal.

Even unplugging everything from the network other one camera and utilising the attached devices menu in the modem wont show the IP address of the camera.

I am not sure if these are original Dahau 2mp starlights as the ebay seller said they had been branded with their own logo.

Does anyone have any advice that can help me unbrick these cameras. Is there a factory reset button in them if I unscrew the body apart?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They arn't bricked, just on a different subnet of your network.
Download the Dahua Configtool, set it to search in the 10.0.0.1 to 10.0.0.245 range.
It should find your cams and allow you to change their IP to whatever you need.

Dave82

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok I got everything working again. I tracked down an old post from someone having a similar issues. I changed my IP address (ipv4 properties) back to be in the same subnet as to what the cameras were in which allowed me to log into the cameras and change the IP address to suit the new subnet and then changed the PC IP address back to what it was.

For some reason I couldn't change the cameras IP address in the dahua manager which forced me to do it the above way. I could however find them on the network which gave me there correct addresses. One of them had returned back to factory so the button I was pressing when I had the cover off must have been the reset button.

Cheers for your help.